Sophia and I listen to music every morning before we have breakfast. It's a nice little routine that gets us awake and ready for the day. We listen to Sirius Top 40 Hits, because it's mostly pop and she likes to dance to it.

We were listening to the radio this morning and they said that in Miley Cyrus' new song "Party in the USA" she says "And the Jay-Z song was on". Apparently, she stated that she has never even heard a Jay-Z song and that she didn't write it but needed a fresh pop song to go with her clothing line. I was kind of shocked at first, but then quickly realized I didn't care. Ha.
Call me sell out, not hard core, but truthfully, I don't care where they get their lyrics from; if they write them or not. If someone else wrote their song then good for them, they probably can't sing so that's why they write instead. Everybody has to get paid. If a song has a good beat and great lyrics then I'm sold. I say good for her to know a good song when she sees it and kudos to the writer.
Now, if you did write your own song then I know it's coming from your heart and it does mean a lot more especially if I can apply it to my life. I'm not, though, going to write someone off and diss them if they didn't write their own music.
Needless to say I can't get that song out of my head.









I love that song! lol I always have it in my head!
ReplyDelete